Thursday, October 13, 2011

Notes on Customization of Blythe Dolls: EYES: EYE LIDS

This section is on EYELIDS:

Little Big Eyes Dolls:  As far as I can see, it is not possible for these dolls to have "sleep eyes" ... i.e., a time where they can appear to have their eyes closed.  With these dolls, their eyes are always OPEN.  Even when the eye changing button is pushed, there is very little eyelid visible.

Blythe Dolls:  I have seen some very, very talented artists paint some awesome designs on these dolls eyelids.  I did read that to successfully do this, you must either have an airbrush set-up, or sand down enough of the eyelid to make up for the layer of paint for the design.

I did not attempt this process.  I did try to paint my Blybe's eyelids black ... and I thinned out the paint as much as possible, but I just did not like the visible brushstrokes.  Perhaps at a later time I could attempt this step, but I believe the experts:  You need to do all the steps correctly, or the paint / art / design will "rub" against the eye mech when pull ring is used.




This is my Blybe (Blythe Clone) doll ... I painted her eyelids black ... knowing that this may happen:  I do not have an airbrush system ... so I used thin paint ... but the brushstrokes are still visible ... and NOT DESIRABLE ;)




* Disclaimer on ALL of my NOTES:  I am not a true customizer.  I have only done the few girls that I own, 7 Little Big Eyes, 2 Blybe, and one real Blythe.  The caliber and skill and profesionalism that is so evident by the lovely flickr pictures ... well there is no comparison to my extreme amateur attempts.  HOWEVER, ALL I really wanted to do was to change them from the hideousness that I saw, into just a teeny bit more beautiful, for my own pleasure and sense of accomplishment.  I do not now, or ever, plan to offer my own skills at customization ... the reason for these blog entries is to help the few out there who would like to do just a few little steps, without spending ANOTHER huge amount on their already expensive girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment