Thursday, October 13, 2011

Notes on customization of Blythe Dolls: EYE BROWS

EYE BROWS                                


Little Big Eyes dolls come WITH eyebrows.  A tiny little line in brown.

I have read those ‘haters’ who don’t like them, but I did not find them offensive.  However, on my particular models, I had to take them off, due to the overall matte appearance that I was going for, and for the life of me, I could not figure out how to KEEP the eyebrows on ... and sand "around" them !

I have also seen some customizers try to “add” eyebrows on their dolls;  The Blythe doll, the Middie, and the Clones ... which is just another personal preference.  The ones I have seen, I just don't like the way they look.   I don’t prefer them.  I also do not prefer the SAD ones, the ones that are actually CRYING ... but again ... "personal preference"  ...

In this picture, you can see the LITTLE BIG EYES dolls' eyebrows, before they were sanded off ...

REAL BLYTHE dolls and Blybe/ CCE Clones do not come with eyebrows.

I also LIKE the shiny face sometimes ... and was sad that I could not / did not keep at least ONE of my girls faces shiny ... But again, with all the CARVING I had to do ...










* Disclaimer on ALL of my NOTES:  I am not a true customizer.  I have only done the few girls that I own, 7 Little Big Eyes, 2 Blybe, and one real Blythe.  The caliber and skill and profesionalism that is so evident by the lovely flickr pictures ... well there is no comparison to my extreme amateur attempts.  HOWEVER, ALL I really wanted to do was to change them from the hideousness that I saw, into just a teeny bit more beautiful, for my own pleasure and sense of accomplishment.  I do not now, or ever, plan to offer my own skills at customization ... the reason for these blog entries is to help the few out there who would like to do just a few little steps, without spending ANOTHER huge amount on their already expensive girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment