Tuesday, October 18, 2011

BEFORE and AFTER: DOLLY FOOTWEAR

HERE are some of my BEFORE-AND-AFTER shoes, boots, etc. that I have created for my GIRLS:



Standard chunky Mary-Janes and a bit of GLITTER ...


. . . RUBY SLIPPERS !!!!

Standard athletic / tennis shoes:
TRANSFORMED into OXFORD / SADDLE SHOES!



BLACK PLATFORM MARY-JANES:
I cut off the straps, and added a loop in the back by the heel area;
threaded a satin ribbon through, for a little LACE-UP STYLE PARTY SHOE



Platform Mary-Janes:
PAINTED them all white;  then painted the bottom portion GLOSS BLACK.
The silver buckles are metal o-rings from costume jewelry,
painted silver, coated in craft glue, and dipped in silver glitter dust;
then glued on after all paint on shoes dried.




Generic brand fashion doll boots.
I painted them with opalescent paint. 
Added a white satin ribbon that I crocheted lace
(very thin crochet thread)
Added a pre-made matching white satin bow,
and 3 opalescent rhinestones on the back.



BARBIE BOOT:
Simply added a row of CRAFT FUR to the top edge
(back of boots were slit with x-acto knife slightly,
and fur goes from slit to slit, not an enclosed circle)



Stock BARBIE ankle boot BLACK:
PAINTED ORANGE
Covered in BRIGHT FUSCHIA GLITTER
(The hard part was making the little RUFFLE out of BRIGHT ORANGE ORGANZA RIBBON,
then gluing THAT onto the boot,
then covering it all with a flat piece of orange organza, tied with a bow in the back .. !








THESE mary-janes were made for the X-LARGE, FLAT-FOOTED Barbie mold
(I originally thought they would be perfect for my LBE dolls ... they are WAY too huge for BLYTHE )
So, I transformed them into
EMERALD SLIPPERS !!!






I made PINK BALLET SLIPPERS
adorned with PINK ROSES and CELERY AND ROSE satin ties
out of these stock purple ballet flats ...





COOL RAIN BOOTS
(just a simple PAINT job !  )




Made these TRADITIONAL BLACK-AND-WHITE
OXFORD / SADDLE SHOES
from athletic shoes;  craft foam soles ...
PAINTED the soles a brick-rust color like the originals ...



For these FUN red-and-white saddle shoes,
I used an old BLACK LEATHER BELT for the soles
cut with an exacto knife and glued onto the bottoms ...



PINK and WHITE Version





ALL I did for these was to GLUE ON flat-back PINK PEARLS







For the TURQUOISE version ...

I ADDED A LITTLE GLITTER for pizzaz !













as usual .... THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS !!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment