Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Does the SHOE fit ?

SUBJ:  SHOES / FOOTWEAR FOR YOUR DOLLIES


I don't know about you, but one of the first things that shocked me (after realizing the price of the doll itself was over $100 ... minimum ... for a used, and out-of-box doll ) ... was / is the price of her FOOTWEAR!


I had to INCLUDE these:
HIDEOUS white shoes that came WITH my Blythe Ashton Drake Galleries:  Aztec Arrival
Makes me wish I were on the panel of designers ....

The shoe fashions that I really loved, turned out to be nearly as much, if not MORE than what I would pay for a pair of shoes!!!  (well ... ) ... and don't get me started on the actual OUTFITS for Blythe ... {{{rolling my eyes so far back in my head, I fell down}}} ... the prices are astonishing ...


THIS picture shows:
BLYTHE BOOTS:  Found them on auction site for about $15.00
Little Blythe Dress:  I won this in a Photo Contest, but she sells them on the handmade site
and she also sells the little head scarf / which doubles as a shoulder "wrap" for about $10.




I LOVE the chunkiness of the little CONVERSE-LIKE shoes, and the boots ... which off-sets the whole HUGE HEAD dynamic ... but I also like the MARY-JANE style ... and I further found a use for even the "Sexy Sandal / Pump" look ... which has its place in SOME photo shoots ...

THIS picture shows that the REAL BLYTHE doll CAN wear some Barbie Fashions:
Just be sure her feet are curved enough ...
The original feel on the LBE dolls:  Not only are they too LARGE, but they are FLAT
(one of the main reasons all my LBE's got NEW BODIES with awesome limbs, feet, and hands :)




NOW, I have been a Barbie collector since the early 90's only, so all my stuff isn't exactly "vintage" cool from the 60's.  But I DO have a lot of it .... so, I dragged it all out, and saw some real possibilities ...

Now, further than a DOLLY MAKE-OVER ... I was going to do some FOOTWEAR MAKE-OVERS!!!



ORIGINAL BARBIE ATHLETIC / TENNIS SHOE STYLE:
I glued these to a piece of craft foam, and cut around the edges, because they were a bit TOO flat.
Then, I painted them different colors  (see below)



I wanted to make these BARBIE BOOTS more snazzy ...
(although, now in hindsight, they still would have looked AWESOME ...
due to the initial "B" ... which could be for BLYTHE! )


Bag of shoes/ boots;  glue;  glitter;  paint; brushes ...
READY TO CREATE !!!












No comments:

Post a Comment