Tuesday, March 6, 2012

UNIQUELY SWAN LOVE DESIGNS ... DEFEATED, DEPLETED, DONE

EVERY SINGLE TIME that I decided to MAKE A BLYTHE FASHION, I do EXTENSIVE research into ALL things Blythe ~  on all the sites.  It takes MONTHS, indeed a year in some cases, to be SURE that WITHOUT A DOUBT, there is NO ONE out there offering what idea that I have thought of, as far as dolly fashions. 

I  started out thinking "HOLIDAY FASHIONS" ... but things have evolved . . . Some of my ideas were not only impractical, but just not worth the effort.  I also began making OVER-SIZE fashions, thinking it would compensate for her HUGE HEAD ... but NO ONE wants that!  They WANT those tiny little postage size dresses ... so .... I CAN do that.

ALL of my ideas have been ORIGINAL AND UNIQUE.  I have not listed ANY item without THOROUGH investigation to see if anyone was offering the same .... and so, here is what happens:






THESE were offered LAST THANKSGIVING.  These are my little TURKEY TAIL dresses, and I thought they were AWESOME!!!!!

However, the customers told me otherwise, i.e., NO ONE bought one.  Not one.

Okay .... so, OFF those went, and ON TO CHRISTMAS !!!  SURELY they would LOVE my little CHRISTMAS ideas .....

Little "SANTAS HELPER" Dresses ... in Red, Green, Ice Blue, Pink .... which also included a little TULLE underskirt ...

CUTE?  um, NO.  NO ONE wanted these either.  NO ONE.

I even added SHINY BLACK pleather belts, to look JUST LIKE SANTA ... with little RHINESTONE BUCKLES for extra Christmas sparkle ... but ..... NOPE.  NO ONE.

 I even made some cute little SANTA CLAUSE - STYLE COATS ... that could be worn as a DRESS... or over jeans .... or over a dress .... with or without belt .... but NOPE.  NO ONE liked these either ...







NOW .... I DID manage to sell a FEW of my "ANGEL" dresses .... but I think it is BECAUSE:

They are made out of angora-look yarn ....

AND .... BECAUSE SHE HAS HER EYES CLOSED.  THAT seems to "work" for some reason. .....


AFTER Christmas comes ... CELEBRATION OF A NEW YEAR !!!!!  So..... AGAIN, after searching high and low, in every place possible ....I could NOT for the life of me find ANY Blythe wearing a TUXEDO DRESS !!!  (There were tuxedo print tee shirts, and one most auspicious Blythe wearing a tuxedo for a professional photo shoot, but nothing that the average person could purchase) ...

SO ..... I MADE SOME TUXEDO DRESSES!!!

And in my usual style, I MADE THEM COLORFUL .... FUN .... oh, but I should have not wasted my time.  Maybe they would sell if I had made them grey and white, washed out colors ....






I even made matching little TOP HATS to go with the dresses .....

but again, I must be living in an alternative universe, because um, NOPE. 

Okay, to be fair, a lady in N.Y. bought 2 of these, but I have no idea who she is.  She is not on flickr, so no one knows they were purchased, and they were certainly not showcased anywhere to generage MORE sales .... so again, dead end.

Currently, and admittedly, I am selling my WHIMSICAL CRAZY FUNNY BUNNY Easter Collection, for relatively CHEAP, because i am admitting defeat.  I am admitting that I just don't have what it takes to be a Blythe doll designer, and I have no talent, and I suck as a creative person.  I will probably just either keep the rest of my fashions for my granddaughter (I BETTER have one !) , or donate the remaining fashions to the BlytheCon ladies so they can give them away, because apparently that is what they are worth.  FREE.  GIVE-AWAY.  For nothing.


My stupid FUNNY BUNNY Easter dresses, geez.

And I will keep listing my hideous ideas until they are expired and then ship them off.


THE END.

1 comment:

  1. I would totally purchase one of the tuxedo dresses and the Santa/Santa helper dresses. They are cute and creative ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete