Thursday, March 8, 2012

Part I: HOLIDAYS at Swan Love Designs

HOLIDAYS, HOLIDAYS ... We are ALWAYS ready !!!

Here are some HOLIDAY FASHIONS that I created ... a lot of them are not to be sold, they are just for FUN ~  for little costumes when I do photo shoots ...

Let's start with JANUARY ~

HAPPY NEW YEAR !  WHAT better dress to wear than ... A TUXEDO!!!  YES !!!


Complete with a little matching TOP HAT

I made this dress in 10 different colors, each with matching bow ties and buttons on the bib part.  The buttons are little 6 mm animal eyes, that I painted separately, making certain they matched EXACTLY.



The little PINK/ RED ones above, may also be used for Valentine's Day, come to think of it ...


but FEBRUARY IS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY ...

And WHAT better way to REPRESENT.... THAN CUPID !  I made a couple of cupid dresses, but then I disliked them quite a bit as far as trying to sell them goes ... so they are now going to just be kept in my  STORAGE ~  for MY girls to play with :)

 THIS IS NENETL ... My little ADG ... wearing her little CUPID FACE Dress ... It actually has WHITE FEATHER WINGS on the back, although they are not that noticeable in this photo ...

 My TWO little CUPIDS ... NENETL and HOLLISTER ... Also my two little ADG girls ... Aztec Arrival AND Pleasant Peasant ...

Hollister's dress is white, and the accent color is SALMON ... You can see her little "wings" on the back in the picture below ...




HOLLISTER in her Cupid costume ... I was trying to play with the backlighting ... :)


Now .... on to MARCH !  ST. PATRICK'S DAY is MARCH 17 .... A truly IRISH Holiday .... the Wearing of the traditional GREEN ... but ... did you know that there was a time when the Catholics would wear green, and the Christians would wear ORANGE???  Yep.  Learned that in church :)

I made some little LEPRECHAUN DRESSES ... and now, my IDEA was good ... but the execution left a lot to be desired (in my opinion) ... They are just too bulky ...

The top part of the sweater is supposed to be the LEPRECHAUN's HAT ... the "belt" is supposed to be the BAND on the hat ...with the buckle ... the fluffy red/orange is supposed to be the Leprechaun's HAIR ... and then, the face ... 

 Now, in THIS picture, I totally FORGOT to put on Nenetl's BELT !!!  And I did not realize it until I had already RE-dressed Prudence ... so I just left it ...



 Here is NENETL with the entire dress AND BELT ...



PRUDENCE, my lovely little MRB ... Mademoiselle Rosebud ... I LOVE her so much!!! 



OKAY, so now comes SPRINGTIME .... Time for Gentle Breezes, Warming Up ... Little animals coming out of hybernation ... and EASTER!!!  Time for NEW BEGINNINGS ....

We have all sorts of EASTER / SPRINGTIME fun fashions ....

EASTER BUNNIES, with little cottontails included ...

EASTER CHICKS ... in shades of Sunny Yellow and textured for fluff ...

EASTER SHEEP / LAMBS ... and YES, even a BLACK SHEEP !!!



Little EASTER BUNNY FACE dresses ~


Each one has its own little BUNNY TAIL on the back!



Second GROUP of BUNNY FACE dresses ~



Some "miscellaneous" Easter Spring Fashions ...

#1 ~  Molly is wearing a little "Novelty" Charm Dress in Pastel Easter Egg colors ...

#2 & #4 ~  Hollister and Nenetl are wearing mohair-blend pastel color dresses, featuring little "necklaces" with Easter Mofit charms

and #3 ~  Prudence is wearing a mauvy-pink tone mini dress with separate Ivory Lace petticoat, which matches the little Ivory Lace bow embellishment on the shoulder.


ahhhh, my LITTLE CHICK-A-DEES !!! 

Two of these have little "wings" on the back ....


and FINALLY .... the LITTLE BO PEEP funny faces dresses .....


(gosh, doesn't Hollister look positively GREEN in this pic?  THAT is the ADG "feature" ... using that term loosely.  And my OTHER ADG, Nenetl, far right, well, SHE looks like she has spent her Spring Break in Mexico, she is so tan !!! )

I think ALL my little dresses are WAY cuter in person .... but when I get my new camera, we shall SEE how awesome they look ... I have EVERY confidence that is going to make ALL the difference!


END OF PART I:  HOLIDAYS at Swan Love Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment